Positive Zeal
Sign in to follow this  
admin

SAY NO TO CRACKERS ON THIS DIWALI : JOIN US

Say no to Crackers
Join and invite all your friends.

no.jpeg

Deep (light) avali (rows), a row of lights that taught us to vanquish ignorance that subdues humanity and to drive away darkness that engulfs the light of knowledge.

But Diwali today means……..

More ‘air, noise, light, land & social’ pollution due to use of lots of firecrackers. More patients for hospitals after the festival
Really bad news if there’s no wind and rain to lessen the effects of the smoke
Highly polluting nature of these firecrackers lead to a plethora of diseases………

Pollutants Can lead to...

Suspended Particulate Matter
Asthma, cancer, restrictive lung diseases, pneumoconiosisRespirable Particulate Matter
Respiratory illness (chronic bronchitis and asthma), heart diseases

Sulpher Dioxide (SO2)
Eye burning, headache, respiratory problems like pulmonary emphysema, cancer, heart diseases

Nitrous Oxides
Lung irritation, chest tightness, viral infection, airway resistance

During this festival (3 to 5 days), It has become a custom to enjoy Dipavali through lighting lamps, exchanging Sweets & "BURSTING FIRE CRACKERS".

First two are better way to enjoy, but what about the third one??
Are you aware what is the impact of bursting Fire crackers on the environment??

It affects environment in the following ways:

• 1. Air Pollution affecting health especially to diseased persons, aged people, children & pregnant women.
  • 2. Water & land pollution will pollute our resources rivers, lakes…
  • 3. It takes several weeks to bring back normal air quality.
  • 4. Fire hazards causing heavy damages to life and property.
  • 5. Social nuisance leading to community disharmony.
  • 5 Sound pollution causes:

• · Palpitation of heart
  • · Spasms of the digestive system
  • · Dilation of the pupils of eyes
  • · Emotional disturbances
  • · Continuous exposure to loud noise may lead to permanent deafness

Crackers like "atombomb" and "Lakshmi Pataki" contain highly toxic heavy metals like cadmium, lead, copper, manganese and zinc
Others have arsenic, mercury, chromium and iron oxides which lead to severe pollution after they are burnt
95 per cent of the crackers available in the market violate noise and air pollution norms

Crackers like flowerpots, 'zamin chakras' and other fancy fireworks may not add to sound pollution but they make up for it by doing extra effort on the air pollution part

We ask all of u to unite together and lets make a chain and Say No to crackers on Diwali

Waiting for positive reply . Lets be responsible ...
LIVE & LET LIVE... LET US SAVE GOOD ENVIRONS TO OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS!
We ask all of u to unite together and lets make a friendly chain and Say No to crackers on Diwali.
If u are ready , Add ur name and location by replying this thread
Also ask all ur friend's and all family members to celebrate Cracker less Diwali.

Show the world that u care for our mother nature

Hello all

We request u all

First to join and be part of this friendly chain which is started from OCT 15th 2005, and now we are continuing this year as well (2016)

Secondly ask all ur friends , family members and all persons u come in contact with to join this friendly chain

and celebrate cracker-less Diwali .

U can send the chain info to all by clicking

http://positivezeal.com/forums/topic/2303-say-no-to-crackers-on-this-diwali-join-us/

If u are moderator or member of any e group encourage all members to join this friendly chain

To add ur name in list please reply to the post

one time registeration is needed which is free , just to avoid the mis use You can sign in with your facebook account

Actaully me celebrating crackerless diwali from last 6 yrs

I am joining, actually starting the friendly chain and will not use crackers on this diwali too

Saurabh Jain

Mansarovar

Jaipur Rajasthan

India

Looking forward for lots of people to take part in campign by adding names in the list.

Crackers are just a waste of time and money. I don't think just by using crackers we can say that we are celebrating Diwali. In Sivakasi, many young children die coz of blasts while preparing crackers. Let us all put an end to this stupid practice of burning crackers and have a crackerless diwali forever.

Yea, I could believe that what could be the effects of Burning crackers.

These people are really keep good efforts for Cracker Less Diwali.

Lets all join them for this cause.

Keep passing this messahe to all your friends.

LETS CELEBRATE CRACKERLESS DIWALI.

Rd4Friendz,

INDIAN

Diwali means,festival of Lights ( Deep + Awali ie. Rows of beautiful Lights). Burning and Blasting Crackers means waste of money as well as Polluting our mother earth.

Its a good effort to stop usage of explosives and save earth from air as well as noise pollution.

Let us celebrate Diwaly in right spirit ie Crackerless Diwali. Happy Crackerless Diwali...

Diwali means,festival of Lights ( Deep + Awali ie. Rows of beautiful Lights). Burning and Blasting Crackers means waste of money as well as Polluting our mother earth.

Its a good effort to stop usage of explosives and save earth from air as well as noise pollution.

Let us celebrate Diwali in right spirit ie Crackerless Diwali. Happy Crackerless Diwali...

yeah! i do feel that its high time now that we we very careful about our sorrounding & protect it basically. Diwali it self means festival of lights, array or deep/lights..not sounds & crackers. I thinkwe must say no to crackers. It not only causes noise pollution, but air pollution aswell & everyone knows that. When each one of us hav the knowledge about the harmful effects why do we still behave this way......by burning nthose crackers we are not only polluting the environment but also burning our own pockets for nothing....Light glows shows way..carckers burst..takes life away

CELEBRATE CRACKERLESS DIWALI.....

CHEERS......

V@R$H@

Hi Guy's,

This Diwali, make it spl by saying no to crackers....

Enjoy Diwali with with ur beloved one's in a cool mood.

Sumit

PLz plz plz Don't burn Crackers because it creates pollution..

visit last page to ee list of recent members who ahve joined the list

Ask all ur frd's to join the list

we are jain and beleive in non-violence so join this movment.we are human being and to safeguared environment is our duty ,let us protect environment by saying no to crackers on diwali

sushil kumar bafana

Fully agreed .. We should have united & done this very earlier but I am happy atleast any one have taken the initiative. Its not late yet guys .. I wil try my best & stop as many people as I can. R u all with me? Wat say. Lets make this DIWALI really HAPPY..

Thanks,

Neels.

yes we should celebrate diwali crackerles

and also we should avoid the waste of electricity during diwali period

B'coz we have limited resource of energy

we are facing the energy shortege problem.