Positive Zeal
Sign in to follow this  
saurabhjain

Problem Encountered by Researchers

Problem Encountered by Researchers  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Problem Encountered by Researchers are

• Lack of scientific training in methology of research.
    • Insufficient Interaction between university departments on one side and business establishments, government departments and research institutions on the other side.
    • Most of the business units do not have confidence that material supplied by them to researchers will not be misused and as such they are often reluctant in supplying the needed information to researchers.
    • Research studies overlapping one another are undertaken quite often for want of adequate information resulting in duplication and fritter away of resources
    • There does not exsist a code of conduct for researchers and inter-university and inter-departmental rivalries are also quite common
    • Many Researchers faces the difficulty of adequate and timely secretarial assistance including computerial assistance.
    • Library Management and management is not satisfactory at many places and much of the time and energy of researchers are spent in tracing out the books, journals, reports, etc rather then in tracing out relavant material from them.
    • Many of our libraries are not able to get copies of old and new Act/rules, reports and other government publications in time.
    • Difficulty of timely availability of published data from various government and other agencies doing this job.
    • Problem of Conceptualization & problems of data collection & related things.
    • Huge Misleading data on internet
    • Selecting a Topic
    • Selection of Guide
    • Geeting the Research Sponsored
    • Others I am mentioning below

Kindly take part in poll and share your experiences and difficulties faced by you during research. Plz do mention other problems which are encountered by Researchers of India and abroad.

Kindly do also add your name, location and the research you pursuing or have been part of.

Thx and Regards

Er Saurabh Jain

I wasn't able to follow what you meant by a couple of items in the checklist.. Also, I think when you mention "our libraries" please specify what you mean by our. As a matter of fact, the universities I've ever been a part of have adequately managed resources, so resources is never a problem.

Another thing that I'd like to mention here is the fact that researchers (mainly university professors) are not always aware of what is going on in the industry, or at times are wasting time researching things that are not very relevant, or things that do not have a huge potential for development. Again, this is what my observation has been, and things may not be the same in India. Research in India at this point in time is taken relatively easy... as compared to abroad I believe.