We didn't come here to fit in, We came here to be who we are.
We didn't come here to work, We came here to live our dreams.
We didn't come here for the stuff, We came here to love each other.
We didn't come here by accident,
We came here with a purpose that is uniquely our own.
Today Spicy Flavours touched another mile stone when no of page views crossed the 16 lac figure.
The stats can always be seen at the bottom of the page...
Thanks to every one here for the wonderful support...
We look forward to move ahead with delivering quality content for you...
For those who are new do check out our two very special sections
1 Gallery : 22 K + images
2 Amazing Files : the powerpoint slide show collection
Source: 16 Lac page views
"We only have One Mom, One Mommy, One Mother in this World, One life. Don't wait for the Tomorrow's to tell Mom, you love her"
Sunday May 13, 2012 we celebrate Mother's Day
Use this thread specially created for u and your mom
to write few lines for ur Mom
to wish your mom
Use : Email topic to Friend
to send thsi to ur mom
to let your friends knwo abt this thread
Salute to all the Mothers of the world
Do check out these links too
A Mother is:
The DENTIST who uses a string.
The SUNSHINE on a cloudy day.
The STORY TELLER when you can't get to sleep.
Can i call you god?
Mumma when i am crying with my fears
you come to me and dry my tears
you are a person of amazing grace
for you, there is sure a special place
Famous Mothers Said........
Thoughts about Mothers
Mom, A Job Description
Our Mother Is the Sweetest
Happy Mothers day
If you are on Facebook, I am sure you will find this hilarious
The 76-year-old woman walked down the hallway of Clearview Addictions Clinic, searching for the right department. She passed signs for the "Heroin Addiction Department (HAD)," the "Smoking Addiction Department (SAD)" and the "Bingo Addiction Department (BAD)." Then she spotted the department she was looking for: "Facebook Addiction Department (FAD)."
It was the busiest department in the clinic, with about three dozen people filling the waiting room, most of them staring blankly into their Blackberries and iPhones. A middle-aged man with unkempt hair was pacing the room, muttering,"I need to milk my cows. I need to milk my cows."
A twenty-something man was prone on the floor, his face buried in his hands, while a curly-haired woman comforted him.
"Don't worry. It'll be all right."
"I just don't understand it. I thought my update was LOL-worthy, but none of my friends even clicked the 'like' button."
"How long has it been?"
"Almost five minutes. That's like five months in the real world."
The 76-year-old woman waited until her name was called, then followed the receptionist into the office of Alfred Zulu, Facebook Addiction Counselor.
"Please have a seat, Edna," he said with a warm smile. "And tell me how it all started."
"Well, it's all my grandson's fault. He sent me an invitation to join Facebook. I had never heard of Facebook before, but I thought it was something for me, because I usually have my face in a book."
"How soon were you hooked?"
"Faster than you can say 'create a profile.' I found myself on Facebook at least eight times each day -- and more times at night. Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night to check it, just in case there was an update from one of my new friends in India . My husband didn't like that. He said that friendship is a precious thing and should never be outsourced."
"What do you like most about Facebook?"
"It makes me feel like I have a life. In the real world, I have only five or six friends, but on Facebook, I have 674. I'm even friends with Juan Carlos Montoya."
"I don't know, but he's got 4,000 friends, so he must be famous."
"Facebook has helped you make some connections, I see."
"Oh yes. I've even connected with some of the gals from high school -- I still call them 'gals.' I hadn't heard from some of them in ages, so it was exciting to look at their profiles and figure out who's retired, who's still working, and who's had some work done. I love browsing their photos and reading their updates. I know where they've been on vacation, which movies they've watched, and whether they hang their toilet paper over or under. I've also been playing a game with some of them."
"Let me guess. Farmville?"
"No, Mafia Wars. I'm a Hitman. No one messes with Edna."
"Wouldn't you rather meet some of your friends in person?"
"No, not really. It's so much easier on Facebook. We don't need to gussy ourselves up. We don't need to take baths or wear perfume or use mouthwash. That's the best thing about Facebook -- you can't smell anyone. Everyone is attractive, because everyone has picked a good profile pic. One of the gals is using a profile pic that was taken, I'm pretty certain, during the Eisenhower Administration. "
"What pic are you using?"
"Well, I spent five hours searching for a profile pic, but couldn't find one I really liked. So I decided to visit the local beauty salon."
"To make yourself look prettier?"
"No, to take a pic of one of the young ladies there. That's what I'm using."
"Didn't your friends notice that you look different?"
"Some of them did, but I just told them I've been doing lots of yoga."
"When did you realize that your Facebooking might be a problem?"
"I realized it last Sunday night, when I was on Facebook and saw a message on my wall from my husband: 'I moved out of the house five days ago. Just thought you should know.'"
"What did you do?"
"What else? I unfriended him of course!"
How do you define the word “Relationship”? Is it really just a word or is there something more behind this word?
What exactly is relationship? Is it defined by the norms of society, or your expectations define it or your feelings???
A relation where you are attached to the other person, where you have expectations from the other person and vice-versa does that relation feels good or a relation in which you are free in every sense, is that better?
If we are supposed to be detached without expectations then what exactly is left in a relation? Isn’t that what relations are made up of??
Without expectations?? Unconditional?? Really??
Is there anything in this world that is unconditional??
Except God’s love I guess
Waiting eagerly for a answer
Life is a journey and I agree that all of us are on our individual journey. We meet new people at every step in our lives. These fellow travelers walk with us for a while and then they go on their own ways. But some of these people become so special so precious for you, that you don’t want to loose them. They guide you with their love and wisdom with so much care. There presence make your journey more beautiful, your life seems much more meaningful. They bring out the best in you. They bring you closer to your real identity. But sometimes they can’t walk by your side all the through your life. They have to make other people’s lives more beautiful. They have different purpose in life, different roles to play. Even if they leave, their footprints stays. Their Love Care and Wishes stays with you, filling your every moment with a sweet fragnance.
Some relations are beyond this world, they are soul relations. You might be on this journey with or without your soul mate by your side, but their essence always stays in your heart, in your soul.
I packed my bags and was on my way. To where? I don’t know. Why? I wasn’t told. I met many travelers on my way,some took my hand and showed me the way,some weren’t that nice and they pushed me away. Some walked with me a long way, some dumped me on mid way. But this has made me realize that people might come,people might go,they might stay, they might leave. Its not in my hands, its not upto me. Its their choice. And actually it doesn’t matter, coz we all are on our own journeys, and this journey is Mine. All its punishments and all its rewards are mine. It doesn’t matter what road I choose. This journey is gonna end someday, somewhere. What matters is the journey. My Journey. what matters is the lessons I learn on this journey, the experiences I have on this journey. What matters is the happiness I felt when there was a companion by my side, the sadness, the fear I felt on cold scary nights. That’s My journey. Made up of lots of Moments, some happy some sad,moments that I cherish. I’m so glad I’ve chosen to come on this journey.
I can’t say that I’m a victim of destiny. I’m not cribbing, “Why me, o Lord?” But yes I’ve had my share of problems, have faced my share of hurts n pains. One thing that these adverse situations have taught me is that you can win any battle in life with the attitude of gratitude.
Its simple. Just be greatful with what u have received in life. Every moment it gift, a present from the almighty, be thankful for it. Every moment is a miracle. Realize your every breath, every heartbeat is a miracle. Life is beautiful. Love it. Cherish it. Every moment is a new one, and you can be a new person every moment.
You are the co-writer of this play called life. Destiny has given you this role, but you surely can make modifications and changes in your individual characters. Destiny decides the situations and circumstances in your life. But its you who decides how to react to these circumstances, how to handle these situations.
And I choose to react in happily. I choose to love life, to live life happily, I choose to be greatful for all the love, care, happiness, joys, tears, hurts and pains in my life.
Thank you Thank you Thank you Lord for every moment of this life, for these breaths, for these heartbeats. For all the love and care you send me through your angels. Thank you for all the hurts and pain because it made me a better and a stronger person.
Every situation in my life has brought me closer to You God, and I’m greatful for it.
Do you think Ram can exist without Ravana? Would Ramayan be complete without Ravana? Life is the manifestation in duality. What value will Love have, without hate?
White is said to be the color of Love, color of Purity. Ever wondered why? It is because when you break white color you get seven colors of the rainbow. Same way love is the total of all the emotions. Hate, Jealousy, Greed are as much part of Love as Forgiveness, Kindness and Compassion. Difference is just in their frequency. Every color vibrates at its own frequency. So does every emotion. Positive emotions vibrate at higher frequencies than negative emotions. When someone vibrates at lower frequency he/she displays negative emotions and vice versa. But if someone is vibrating at a lower frequency, that doesn’t make him less Divine.
Ravana was not any less Divine than Ram. Hasn’t it been for Ravana, we wouldn’t be knowing Ram as we know him today. Everything in this world, good or bad, has its own importance. Negative is the basic necessity for positive to exist. Love is the basic necessity for Hate to exist. Death is the basic necessity for Life to exist.
(The article is inspired by –Die, o yogi die by Osho &
Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch)
Good thoughts to Cherish
Be nice to others in the same way, as you want others to be nice with you.
Life is too short to live, so, think good and saybetter and try 2 do the
best then this world will be more beautiful toyou.
When money is lost nothing is lost, when health islost something is lost,
when character is lost everything is lost.
Live like a candle, which burns itself but giveslight 2 others.
Impose your own terms upon life, if you don't youwill have 2 accept the
terms of others.
Look backwards with gratitude, upwards withconfidence and forward with
When you truly care for someone you don't look forfaults, you don't look for answers, you don't look for mistakes, instead youfight the mistakes, you accept the faults, and you overlook the excuses.
I am a cracked pot..How about you
A water bearer in Indiahad two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across hisneck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfectand always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk fromthe stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only oneand a half pots full of water to his master's house. Of course, the perfect potwas proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made. Butthe poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that itwas able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.
After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to thewater bearer one day by the stream. I am ashamed of myself, and I want toapologize to you." "Why?" asked the bearer.
"What are you ashamed of?" "I have been able, for these past twoyears, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes waterto leak out all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, youhave to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from yourefforts," the pot said. The water bearer felt sorry for the old crackedpot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, Iwant you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path." Indeed, as theywent up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming thebeautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. Butat the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half itsload, and so again it apologized to the bearer for its failure. The bearer saidto the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side ofyour path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always knownabout your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on yourside of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you'vewater them.For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate mymaster's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have thisbeauty to grace his house."
Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But if we willallow it, God will use our flaws to grace this Universe. So, as we seek ways tominister together, and as God calls you to the tasks He has appointed for you,don't be afraid of your flaws
We rightfully teach children—and attempt to live our own lives—by the credos of responsibility, self-control, and mature self-reliance. And yes, being responsible is a very good thing. But when our attitude reaches the point where we trust more in ourselves than in God, twin temptations, both that lead to spiritual shipwreck, suddenly confront us.
One temptation is pride, an unhealthy arrogance that slips (or roars) into our thinking when things are going great in our lives. We become convinced that we are in control of our own world. The second temptation, despair, works itself into our hearts when we face the inevitable difficulties and setbacks of life that are outside of our control.
Daily trusting in God—acknowledging that He is the one source of all good gifts and success and the only safe refuge when life is difficult—steers us from these twin dangers. The good news is that with complete and total trust in Him, He directs our steps in the most fulfilling paths for our lives.
God, I know that You are in control. Help me trust in You day by day, moment by moment.
If you could choose between feeling gloomy and feeling delighted, which one would you choose? If you could choose between feeling sorry for yourself and feeling confident in your ability to make a difference, which would you choose?
The delightful fact is that you can choose and you do choose your attitude, every moment of every day. When you're feeling sad or happy or frustrated or assured, it's because you've decided to respond to life in that particular way.
By feeling lousy you are not going to do anyone any good. Yet by feeling great and putting those feelings into action you might just lift up others around you and make a positive difference in your world.
But what about those days that are filled with challenges, obstacles, frustrations and pain? Well, if you don't want to feel great about what's going on, you can always choose to feel great in spite of what's going on.
No matter what has happened in the past, this moment is filled with positive possibilities. No matter how lousy you may have felt five minutes ago, you can choose to feel great about yourself right now.
And when you genuinely open your eyes and open your heart to all the good things that are truly possible, the world around you will begin to resemble those great feelings you have.
"My Work My Worship By Swami Ranganathananda"
1. “Are you growing spiritually? Can you love others? Can you feel oneness with others? Have you peace within yourself and do you radiate it around you? That is called spiritual growth, which is stimulated by meditation, inwardly, and by work done in a spirit of Service outwardly.”
2. The great new mantra today is “Work” and ‘Hard Work’; along with Hard work, intelligent work co-operative team work. All great undertakings are product of team work. We can meet the challenge of freedom only when we have learnt this character-efficiency involved in team work and intelligent hard work. This is the philosophy which we have to learn consciously, not unconsciously, somehow stumbling into it.
3. Work from ego point of view is all tension. But behind ego, there is an infinite spiritual dimension. When that is realized even a little, then extra work won’t make one feel that it is heavy. Even ordinary experiences will tell you: Whenever there is love in the heart, the worker doesn’t feel heavy. When there is no love in the heart, even a little work makes one feel very heavy. As soon as you have love for a particular cause, you can do anything; do hard work, but have a spirit of detachment based on a larger love.
4. Work is no work at all. It is a question of agency and attachment. When these two are not there, work ceases to be work, it becomes a play, it becomes spontaneous, and it becomes natural. When you become thoroughly detached, then all that tension goes away. You are working, but you don’t feel that you are working. What a beautiful idea!”
5. Work is drudgery; Sri Krishna will not allow that attitude. There is joy in work also. Do not abandon work; go on doing work; but, mentally renouncing all actions. It is a wonderful state of mind-working and yet not working.
6. Those who work, work with a zest and with joy and in work, learn calmness and the serenity of the human mind and heart; what a wonderful joy it is to work in such a way!
Only the ego can be touched. It is very touchy. If somebody just looks at you in a certain way, it is touched. He has not done anything. If somebody smiles a little, it is touched; if somebody just turns his head and does not look at you, it is touched. It is very touchy. It is like a wound, always open, green. You touch it and the pain arises. A single word, a single gesture -- the other may not even be aware of what he has done to you, but he has touched it.
And you always think the other is responsible, that he has wounded you. No, you carry your wound. With the ego your whole being is a wound. And you carry it around. Nobody is interested in hurting you, nobody is positively waiting to hurt you; everybody is engaged in safeguarding his own wound. Who has got the energy? But still it happens, because you are so ready to be wounded, so ready, just waiting on the brink for anything.
You cannot touch a man of Tao. Why? -- because there is no one to be touched. There is no wound. He is healthy, healed, whole. This word 'whole' is beautiful. The word 'heal' comes from 'whole', and the word 'holy' also comes from 'whole'. He is whole, healed, holy.
Be aware of your wound. Don't help it to grow, let it be healed; and it will be healed only when you move to the roots. The less the head, the more the wound will heal -- with no head there is no wound. Live a headless life. Move as a total being, and accept things.
Just for twenty-four hours, try it – total acceptance, whatsoever happens. Someone insults you, accept it, don't react, and see what happens. Suddenly you will feel an energy flowing in you that you have not felt before. Somebody insults you: you feel weak, you feel disturbed, you start thinking of how to get your revenge. That man has hooked you, and now you will move round and round. For days, nights, months, even years, you will not be able to sleep, you will have bad dreams. People can waste their whole life over a small thing, just because someone insulted them.
Just look back into your past and you will remember a few things. You were a small child and the teacher in the class called you an idiot, and you still remember it and you feel resentment. Your father said something. Your parents have forgotten, and even if you remind them, they will not be able to remember it. Your mother looked at you in a certain way and since then the wound has been there. And it is still open, fresh; if anybody touches it, you will explode.Don't help this wound to grow. Don't make this wound your soul. Go to the roots, be with the whole. For twenty-four hours, just twenty-four hours, try not to react, not to reject, whatsoever happens.If someone pushes you and you fall to the ground -- fall! Then get up and go home. Don't do anything about it. If somebody hits you, bow down your head, accept it with gratitude. Go home, don't do anything, just for twenty-four hours. And you will know a new surgeof energy that you have never known before, a new vitality arising from the roots. And once you know it, once you have tasted it, your life will be different. Then you will laugh at all the foolish things you have been doing, at all the resentments, reactions, revenges, with which you have been destroying yourself.
Nobody else can destroy you except you; nobody else can save you except you.
Once Buddha was walking from one town to another town with a few of his followers.. This was in the initial days. While they were traveling, they happened to pass a lake. They stopped there and Buddha told one of his disciples, “I am thirsty. Do get me some water from that lake there.”
The disciple walked up to the lake. When he reached it, he noticed that right at that moment, a bullock cart started crossing through the lake. As a result, the water became very muddy, very turbid. The disciple thought, “How can I give this muddy water to Buddha to drink!”
So he came back and told Buddha, “The water in there is very muddy. I don’t think it is fit to drink.” After about half an hour, again Buddha asked the same disciple to go back to the lake and get him some water to drink. The disciple obediently went back to the lake.
This time too he found that the lake was muddy. He returned and informed Buddha about the same. After sometime, again Buddha asked the same disciple to go back. The disciple reached the lake to find the lake absolutely clean and clear with pure water in it. The mud had settled down and the water above it looked fit to be had. So he collected some water in a pot and brought it to Buddha.
Buddha looked at the water, and then he looked up at the disciple and said,” See what you did to make the water clean. You let it be…. and the mud settled down on its own – and you got clear water. Your mind is also like that! When it is disturbed, just let it be. Give it a little time. It will settle down on its own. You don’t have to put in any effort to calm it down. It will happen. It is effortless.
By Swami Tejomayananda
Before we talk about success let us first determinewhat we mean by youth. We will define youth as those individuals who arebetween the ages of 18 and 30 and have lots of enthusiasm. They are industrious and want to make a name forthemselves. However, we find that this youthful energy can also be misdirected. This happens becausesome of the youth lack an ideal toward which they can direct their energies.
An Ideal Youth
1. Being morally good
2. Helpful to others
3. Having a clear conscience
4. Love for learning
5. Having high hopes or aspirations
6. Able to hold on to principles and values
7. Being physically fit
8. Having great inner strength.
Our scriptures Our scriptures define an ideal youthas not only being of a certain age, but also as someone in whom you find the virtues of
goodness and nobility. They list the physical, mental and intellectual attributes
needed to be an ideal youth and affirm that one whohas these qualities and the
resourcefulness to make use of them, will have a fuller and happier life.
We all strive for success in life but what issuccess? By definition, success may be the attainment of a desired object or acertain goal. But suppose our goal is to become wealthy and we become richat the expense of another person, thenthat cannot be considered real success. For true success we should see whetherit is gained through noble of ignoble means. Both the goal and the means are
important. Even if the goal is good but gained throughunfair means, then the gain is not glorious.
True abiding success is that in which lies thewelfare and well being of all people. When all are happy, then our happiness isautomatically included. When we strive selfishly only for our own happiness, wecan make many people miserable. Secondly, true success is that in which liesprosperity for all, steady inner growth, and firm and abiding spiritual values(dharma). In order to gain true and lasting
success we need certain qualities which we will nowdiscuss.
First we must have a comprehensive vision of life.This vision has to be characterized by the welfare of all beings. Even thoughwe have to live life day-to-day, event-to-event, and project-to-project, weneed to constantly maintain the total vision. Some people become embitteredwith life's unpleasant experiences because of a faulty vision. But people withthe right vision, see the oneness of all, and find the world to be the bestteacher. To them the world is wonderful! Whether you want to be a successfulsinger, dancer, or a professional, your vision should be to serve societythrough your chosen path. Only then will there be an abiding success thatblesses all of humanity, including you.That is true achievement.
Three kindsof Vision
1. Sattvika – pure vision, ability to see the onenessof all.
2. Rajasika – impure, governed by likes and dislikes.
3. Tamasika – dull and dark, fanatic and angry.
There are three kinds of
vision of life and they
depend upon the condition of
The first type of vision
(sattvika) sees the oneness of al beings, the unityin diversity, which manifests itself in the form of love and service towardsall.
The second vision (rajasika) sees only thedifferences. Such an attitude gives rise to likes and dislikes in our minds.The third vision is tamasika. It sees only parts of the whole, wherein we setout hearts on one little thing and behave as though it is the "be all and endall" of life; and life becomes unimaginable without it. This narrowness of visionmakes a person fanatic, angry, and frustrated.
Plan of Action
1. Decide and outline the objective.
2. Identify the means required to achieve it
3. Gather and mobilize your resources.
4. Execute the plan.
One's vision also depends on one's ability todiscriminate. In Sanskrit this faculty of discrimination is called buddhi. Itenables us to clearly distinguish between right and wrong. This faculty is alsoof there kinds. In the tamasika buddhi there is total confusion, right isperceived as wrong and vice versa. The person who has rajasika buddhi isconfused and the right decisions are made only at times.
When the sattvika buddhi predominates, the differencebetween right and wrong is clear and all doubts are gone. If we desire our own welfareand at the same time that of the world, we must be able to see the oneness ofall beings (a sattvika vision) and know he difference between right and wrong(sattvika buddhi) then the result will also be sattvika.
When we undertake any activity, we are bound to faceobstacles. To overcome them, we require other important qualities such as:fortitude, courage, patience, and the ability to hold on to our principles,ideals, values and goals. The word fortitude is dhrti in Sanskrit and there arethree types of fortitude. People with tamasika dhrti spend their time grievingabout the past, fearing the future and daydreaming in the present! They beginto enjoy living in sorrow and are not motivated to achieve anything in life.Those with rajasika dhrti have various ambitions, and sometimes fulfill them,but many times get frustrated and do not contribute much to society. Only thosewho have determination, perseverance, and fearlessness (sattvika dhrti) are agreat blessing to this world. That kind of
fortitude leads to true success. All the great anddedicated people have enriched our culture for eternity. They provide solaceand enlightenment to millions of people even now.
Faith is another important quality we need to besuccessful. We need to bear in mind that if it is the Lord's Mission, the Lord alone is capable ofaccomplishing it. That is faith! So why don't we give charge for once to theLord and see how He works! When you are in the Lord's service then where is theproblem? Let us consider ourselves privileged to be in His service and trustthat He will see us
through life's tasks, that is His promise.
Let me share an incident with you. After GurudevSwami Chinmayananda attained final rest, mahasamadhi, I was chosen to be headof Chinmaya Mission. A reporter asked me whether I was fit to assume this role.I responded that I am confident that if I am not fit, I will be made fit withthe blessings of the Lord and Guru. Sometimes that faith is shaken and thathappens because we depend upon people or a thing instead of the Lord. The Lordis a great taskmaster who frustrates you whenever you turn your attention awayfrom Him. So always remember – we must have that faith without fear – to be inservice of the
Lord is a great thing! In moments of weakness ordoubt, we must remember Gurudev's words –
"We can! Wemust!" Then we say, we will!
Plan of Action
In order to be successful a plan of action isessential. Absence of a plan could lead to chaos. The first and most important stepis to determine the objective clearly. For example, if you want to become a doctor,you must be clear whether your objective is to be a world-famous specialist,and earn a lot of money, or to
serve the poor with your knowledge, in which casesuper specialization is not required. Today, there are many young people wholeave India to go to the U.S.A. Theyfirst come on a student visa, then graduate to a work permit, then a greencard, and finally become a citizen. After some time they want to return to India with theintention to reconnect to their roots. However, they find it difficult to
leave what they have accomplished in the affluent U.S.A.
Then they wonder what they should do. This is mainly because of undertakingactivities without a clear objective. There is nothing wrong in
going to the U.S.A. to earn money or settledown, but non-clarity of vision will create problems.
The next step is to identify the actions needed toachieve the objective. For example, if we want to go to the U.S.A., thereare many prerequisites such as passing examinations and obtaining a visa. We needto identify these and plan how to achieve them. Swami Chinmayananda used to saybeautifully,
"Plan out your work, then work out your plan." Do notstop at the planning stage. Many projects remain on paper because people do notgo beyond the planning stage. After planning, work out your plan.
For the execution of your plan, you will need manyresources. In our example of going to the U.S.A.,
money needs to be arranged and would be one of thekey resources. But resources can also be in the form of your own mental andphysical fitness. Thus resources can be internal or external. We must be clearwhether we are mentally prepared for the life in the U.S.A., which could be verydifferent from the life that we are used to. One must start mobilizing theseresources. So, the first step is to plan, then identify the means required toachieve it, mobilize your resources, and then do the actual work necessary tocarry out the plan.
Goal and Objective
Now we are adding two words "goal" and "objective." Agoal is an ultimate achievement. In order to achieve that goal we have toundertake various activities, which will be geared towards reaching it.
Thus, all our activities have a specific intent andpurpose. For example, personally my ultimate goal is spiritual –Self-realization. As a sannyasi, I require purity of mind, which is obtained byselfless action.
So the objective of the selfless action is purity ofmind. The objective of selfless action is not directly the realization of theSelf. Let us say I practice japa (repetition of prayer). The specific objectiveof japa is to attain single-pointedness of the mind. Both purity of mind andsingle-pointedness are required for the achievement of the goal of Self-realization.Hence both are geared towards the goal, but each of the activities has specificobjectives.
So far we have seen that vision, discrimination,fortitude, faith, and plan of action need to be developed so that we can attaintrue success and happiness in life.
Happiness is also of three kinds. We are all familiarwith the kind of happiness that can be derived from the senses; these arecalled rajasika and tamasika happiness. Happiness that arises out of drinkingor taking drugs is delusional and is called tamasika happiness. This kind ofhappiness is neither an achievement nor a success, but is actually a totaldefeat. There is also the happiness born
of the contact between the sense organs and the senseobjects, which appears to be giving a lot of joy, but in the end creates onlyproblems. This is called rajasika happiness. Both tamasika and rajasika happinessappear to be giving joy, but in fact, they create bondage.
Sattvika happiness is not necessarily enjoyable inthe beginning but it is like nectar in the end. We know that happiness can bederived fro the senses through sound, color, taste and smell, but we cannotcomprehend the happiness that is possible when the mind becomes calm. If weknow that kind of happiness, then all the excitement and charm of the outerworld ends. Sattvika happiness is that
happiness which comes through grace, from purity ofmind, and from the very source of happiness
itself and is independent from the world of objects.
Success has two aspects – an external aspect and aninternal aspect. For example, an external measure of success for a student ishis/her marks or grades. But the internal measure of success is measured by theamount of love the student has developed for his studies. This internal aspectis subjective. There are many students who perform brilliantly but actually doit out of compulsion. We have a tendency to judge students by their performancein one final exam and then label them as We can contribute to society in manyways – by being cheerful at all times and by doing and saying something good, or even through a nicethought. True success is measured by how much we are growing internally, andhow much we are able to contribute positively to the
welfare of society. This kind of success is gainedwherever there is dharma. Only a person who follows righteousness attainssuccess. A great person is great in every little thing he does. Such a person'scharacter is revealed in every activity he undertakes! Greatness actually becomesthe nature of that person!
successes or failures. But every day in schoolteaches a student something, and that is an achievement that we tend to ignore.Let me give another example of how to measure success properly. Suppose wedecide to meditate
and get up early and sit for half an hour. But aftersome time we feel that we were a failure at meditation because we noticed thatour thoughts were wandering, then that would not be proper way to measure success. The very fact that we gotup early, which never happened before, and we were
able to sit for half an hour in a single posture isan achievement in itself. So, congratulate yourself! The other aspect aboutsuccess is to check if he specific purpose of each action has been achieved. Successis measured one action at a time, slowly succeeding step by step in our journeytowards the goal. Never lose sight of the ultimate goal. Intermediate successesshould enhance our confidence in achieving greater and higher things. So onemeasure of success should be increased self-confidence, it is a fact thatsuccess increases one's confidence and joy. Next, we measure success in termsof whether or not the actions are causing harm or benefiting other
people. The real idea of success lies in the welfareof society not in individual happiness at the cost of others. Our goal is, "Mayall be happy." The scripture says: sarve bhavantu sukhinah – May all be happy.Sarve santu niramayah – May all be healthy (free from disease). Sarve bhadranipashyantu –
May all see happiness only, everywhere. Ma kashchitdukha bhagbhavet – Let no one suffer.
This is ourgoal and we must go on working towards it to the best of our ability.
All of us have great potential, but a vision
or reason is required for the potential to
manifest and to enjoy true success. The
company that we keep and the goal that
we follow become instrumental in
bringing out that potential. Study the life
of great persons, find out who inspires
you, look for the characteristics that
made them great, and try to bring them into yourlife.
An all-rounded personality is one who is successfulin all aspects of life. Otherwise as Swami Vivekananda said, "Once in alifetime even a fool can do something great!" That does not make the individualgreat.
Let me give you some practical tips. Look at yourinner beauty, not just your
external appearances. I read somewhere, "Your innerbeauty is reflected in the
smiling faces of others around you." Carry inspirationand knowledge with you. Be steady in your studies. Be honest. The mostimportant thing is honesty with yourself. Learn the art of time management sothat you are able to give time to your studies, your job and your family. Youmay think that these are very general instructions, but let me tell that theseare really important and require great attention. We already looked at theimportance of having an ideal, a sattvika vision, and a plan of action; theseare all necessary to achieve your goal.
So be happy wherever you are! Wherever you go youshould be like sugar in milk. The sugar is not seen but it gives it its taste.Do not be like lime and spoil the milk. Instead, sweeten the milk. Then youwill have greater and greater joy within yourself, and others around you willalso be happy. That is called true success.
"THE BEST MESSAGES U EVER READ"
1)Trust God, He knows your future; he may not reveal it, but he will walk withyou as the future unfolds. Don't trust the stars; trust the one who madethem!!!
2) Bravery is saying No to what you believe is No. Sacrifice is saying No towhat you think is Yes. Confidence is saying Yes to what you believe is Yes.Trusting is saying Yes to what you think is No.
3) When you feel God is rubbing you against the rocks, don't think that youwill ruin down to dust; it's just that God is polishing a gem…because you areSPECIAL.
4) There is no oil without squeezing the olive, no wine without pressing thegrapes, no fragrance without crushing the flower…So when things press you down;God is taking out the BEST!!!
5) Though my days have been hell at times, I still reserve a reason to smile!Though destiny seemed to test my strength with all those shit, I still managedto keep my faith! Because I know that after every tear that falls out of myeyes , gives a new spark of happiness that's even greater than every suckingpain I felt! Damn!!! I still believe in Happy Endings!!!
6) In life you will realize that people you meet have a purpose. Some will testyou, some would use you, some would teach you and some would bring out thebetter if not the best in you!!! Some may even cause you pain and headache; butone must learn to move on….So let go the people who can't treat you right andhold on to those who love you back and see your worth!!!
7) Losing in life and regaining what you have lost, makes you the mostconfident person; because you are no more afraid of losing as now you realizeyour ability to regain.
8) Attitude is a little thing which makes a big difference in life. But itshould be like: " I am not the BEST….but I am not like the REST"
9) Never let anyone make you feel that you don't deserve what you want. You areworthy of your happiness; what they say does not change anything, it does notchange you….UNLESS YOU LET IT!!!
10)The trouble with a rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat. Soalways run with lions no matter even if you are defeated, you still a lion!!!
11) Don't let someone become a priority in your life….when you are an optionfor them!!!
12) People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusionis in the world is that people are being used and things are being loved.
13) The only thing I like about stones that they come in my way is, once I passthem, they automatically become my MILESTONE!!!
14) To be a star, you must shine in your own way. Follow your own path anddon't worry about the darkness. In fact, it's because of the darkness, starsshine brighter!
15) Loving hundred wrong persons may not even affect your life, but hating oneright person will leave you a broken heart throughout your life!!
16) Why do relations break??....it's because people fail to realize that:
If you can't handle someone at their worst….then you don't deserve them attheir Best!!!
17) If you want something which you never had before…. Do something which youhave never done before!!!
18) The future is not something we await. It is something we should create. Thepure taste of success can only be felt with a spoon of failure!!
19) Prayers does not change situation, but it change our attitude to thesituation and gives us hope; which in turn can change our entire life!!
20) Victory is always at our feet, but the problem is that we are too lazy tobend!!!
21) Believe in God like you believe in the sun, not because you can see it; butYOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF IT!!!
22) The wrong kind of people hate you for the good in you and the right kind ofpeople love you after knowing even bad in you!!..That makes perfect definitionof relation.
23) Whenever you life or cheat the person who likes you, don't think they arefools to believe….they hide their feelings because they don't like todisappoint you!!!
25) Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. Your past pain andstruggle was just the ground where God prepared you to receive a greaterblessings that's crafted and planned by the almighty God. So as you stand atthe threshold of a decision that determines you life, remember you are notalone, God is with you. He will do a brand new thing in your life, just reachout and receive it in faith!!
26) It's madness:
• To hate all roses if you got scratch by one thorn.
• To give up all your dreams if one didn't come true.
• To lose faith in God if one wasn't answered.
• To give up all your efforts if one of them failed.
• To condemn all your friends if one betrayed you.
• Not to believe in love if someone broke a promise and left.
Remember that time will bring…..
A new friend, a new love, a new life….NEVER GIVE UP…..BECAUSE LIFE IS INDEEDBEAUTIFUL…LIVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!
27) Truth at college: First benchers are intelligent, until the last benchersdon't participate in the competition.
28) It's better to meet the person who will lose you, but will truly love youforever….than to meet someone promises to love you, but sooner or later leavesyou forever!!!
29) The best part of my living is not hoping that "A person will love me asmuch as I do"….but hoping that I love that person far more than anyone elsecould do!!!!
30) Golden thought: I don't believe in taking right decision….I take decisionand make them right!!!
31) If you stand for a reason be prepared to stand alone like a tree. If youfall on the ground, fall as a seed that grows back to fight again!!!
32) Excellent thought: No one can ever fail in True love….we just fail tochoose the true person!!
33) Excellent thought: If you miss anything don't fill your eyes with tears. Ifmay hide yet another beautiful thing standing in front of you!!!
35) Fate is what we say we lose….have you ever heard of anyone saying fate whenthey win???...that's the fate of fate!!!
36) Golden message: Don't read stories of success. Read stories of failure,because successful stories gives only message, but stories of failure gives newideas to WIN!!!
37) Read it twice: Life can give us number of beautiful lovers, but only truelover can give us beautiful life!!!
38) Words by a true friend who is hurt: It hurts me when you talk to someoneelse and not to me;…..and it hurts me more when someone starts to talk aboutyou more than I know!!!
39) Cute story: Once all the feelings decided to play hide and seek. Painstarted counting and all others were hiding. Lie said it will hide near tree,but didn't do that! Love hides in a rose bush. Everyone hide in differentplaces. Everyone was caught except love. But Anger gave clue about love. Sopain jumped on the bush and dragged it out. Because of thorns in the bush, lovelost its both eyes and hence God cursed pain and it was ordered to be with loveforever. Till today, love is blind and pain always accompanies it!!
40) Don't judge a person by what others says: Heartly the person may be true toyou…but not to others…..because the same Sun which melts the ice; hardens theclay too!!!
41) Beautiful words written by a little boy who has lost his parents in Tsunami:"Sea, I will never forgive you even if your waves touch my foot milliontimes!!!
42) Heavenly truth: The most painful moment of life comes, when the care ismistaken as Disturbance!!
43) The disease of trying to please everyone will eat you up. It's better toearn a bad name and live a good lie than to earn a good name and live a badlife!!!
44) Super love quote by a broken heart: You hurt me more than what Ideserve….is it just because I loved you more than what you deserve???
45)Love is when mom kisses me. Love is when dad says "I am proud of you". Love iswhen brother says "hey sister I have seen a boy for you". Love is when sisterwhile doing your work says, "after my marriage who will do your work". Love iswhen your friend says "hey idiot you need not to go there alone…I will comewith you". Love is when your spouse says "no matter what, I will always be withyou".Love does not always mean saying "I love you"…it's a feeling of love and carefor someone from the heart!
46) Nice lines: She removed "L" from LOVER and now it's OVER.
47) Wonderful words said by a girl to her lover: I don't know much aboutromance, but I want you to be the only one to teach me!!
48) Signboard on the side of a national highway: You are not looking at theroad right now, be careful!!
49) It hurts when you need just a piece of love and there is nobody to give it.It hurts even more when you have an ocean of love and your loved one is notthere to receive it.
50) If you trust someone, trust until the end…whatever the result may be, inthe end either you will have a very good relation or a very good lesson!!!
51) Beautiful words written on a T-shirt: "Be nice to the people who smoke anddrink, because they won't be around you for long time!!
52) Excellent thought: "If the loser keeps his Smile, then the winner will losethe thrill of Victory!!!
53) Two unthinkable quotes:
• When I learnt to dry my tears, I found a shoulder to cry on.
• When I mastered the skill of hating, somebody started loving me.
54) Evergreen thought: THIS MOMENT IS NOT PERMANENT IN LIFE…read this linewhenever you are happy and sad…it works honestly!!
55) An excellent quote written in a prayer hall: God has time to listen, but doyou have time to pray!!!
56) If you want to make God really laugh, just tell him your future plan. Godwill laugh at your innocence because he has something better than your desire!!
57)It's hard to live alone; harder to choose someone to love, but the hardest partof loving is to admit that you have fallen for someone who can never be yours!!
58) Best of love: I know everything about him except that he loves me or not;he does not know anything about me except that I love him!!!
59) END is not end. In fact, END means Effort Never Dies….NO is not denial…NOmeans Next Opportunity…always be positive!!
60) A positively sad thought: I realize how lovable I am because joy's andsorrows fight to get me, but the only complaint is that joy's never seem towin!!!
61) When a person expects love from you it does not mean that there is no oneelse to love him/her. It means the love from you is very special than that fromanyone else!!
62) There is no definition of a good day or a bad day. It all depends on youand your thoughts that "either YOU RUN THE DAY or THE DAY RUNS YOU"
63) Famous tennis player Arthur Ashe's last words while he was dying of cancer:
When he was asked that won't he feel bad to die???
He said: There are 6 billion people, 2 million people try to play tennis, 1million will learn, 50,000 become professionals, among them only 128 areselected for Wimbledon, 4 for the semifinals and 2 for the final and only onewins!!! When I was on that victory stand, I didn't ask God "why me??"….whyshould I ask now!!!
64) God always likes to know again and again what you want. It's not that he forgetsyour needs, but he loves to feel the sweetness of your prayers!!!
65) Why mom is special?
When I came drenched in the rain:
Brother asked - why don't you take an umbrella?
Sister asked – why don't you wait until rain stopped?
Papa warned – after getting cold you will realize!
But mom, ---while drying my hairs, said:
Stupid rain!!!...could not wait until my child comes home!!!
66) Fact of life:
Why in most of the love stories mother agrees and father disagrees?
Because mother knows what is love and father knows what life is!!!
67)A cute story:
There was a guy who was tired of reading his girlfriend's message which alwayscontained….I love you, I miss you, or have you taken you meal???
One night while lying on bed he received a message from her but he didn'tbother to read it instead he went to sleep.
Next day he got a call from his girlfriend's mother that:
Her daughter was raped and killed last night.
He then read the message. It read: Honey, please come here and help….someone isfollowing me.
Care for the one loves you a lot!!!
68) We spend sleepless nights thinking about the one we love and lost.
We cry into our pillows till our tears are drained.
If someone asks us "why you are sad?....we just reply, I am fine, just a littleheadache….
What a fake smile!!!
Our heart skips a beat when we see the one we loved, even though we are nottogether now..
Everyone in life goes through this period of pain and loneliness….!!
What does this part of life teaches us????.....
The lesson is very simple….IT MOULDS US INTO A MATURE AND SENSIBLE PERSON!!!
69) Optimism divine: One can count the number of seeds in an apple, but no onecan count the number of apples in a seed!!!...future is unseen…may the best beyours!!
70) People often say that they were cheated in love. But what they forget isthat one who cheated Never loved and one who loves never cheats!!
71) Best traffic advertisement of the world ever:
Picture of the Lord Ganesha with a saying: Care for your head. Not everyonegets a replacement like me!!!
72) Fact of life:
Compromising on your values for others is like selling your soul for those whowon't even remember that we took a turn just for their smile!!!
73) Cute lines: Many people are so lucky that even after hurting, they get somuch of love and very few are so unlucky that even after loving so much…theyget hurt!!!
74) As you admire the wonderful things God has made, remember you are one ofthem!!...wonderful inside and out…you are blessed!! You are special!!...you areloved!!
76)Nice lines: Never think that you are not like others….make others to thinkthat, "WHY THEY ARE NOT LIKE YOU???
77) Everyone says that love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts,rejection hurts, losing someone hurts, and envy hurts. Everyone gets thesethings confused with love, but in reality…..love is the only thing in thisworld that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again.
78) Never hate people who are jealous of you, instead love them!!!...becausethey are the ones who think that you are better than them!!!
79) Wonderful quote on self-respect:
I don't care if you don't like me. I was not put on Earth to please you!!
80) Something really true:
No matter how regularly you message someone, you won't get response; but ifit's an unknown number everyone will respond.
We have time for unknown, but for known.
81) No matter how noble our intentions are, but the world judges by ourpresentation….and no matter how perfect our presentations are, but God judgesby our intentions!!
82) Ten wonderful 2-letter words:
If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me!!!
83) The most beautiful blessing that can ever be given to anyone:
May the worst day of your future be better than the best day of your past!!!
A story is told about a soldier who wasfinally coming home after having fought in war. He called his parents ."Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friendI'd like to bring home with me." "Sure," they replied,"we'd love to meet him."
"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurtpretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and aleg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us.""I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere tolive." "No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."
"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking.Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our ownlives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. Ithink you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way tolive on his own."
At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more fromhim. A few days later, however, they received a call from the police. Their sonhad died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed itwas suicide.
The grief-stricken parents flew to that place and were taken to the city morgueto identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horrorthey also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm andone leg.
The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love thosewho are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people whoinconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away frompeople who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.
Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer thatGod will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and tohelp us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!!
RED Is the colour of rashness, energy, of soldier, restlessness and revolution. this colour has greatest vibratory force and most powerful of all colours.It is assigned to planet "JUPITER". It is choosen colour of the Revolutionists and anarchist.
People who like Red are usually stout and strong with strong and robust outlook. It shows virility and vitality. They are zealous, bold rash, determined and have endurance.Adventorous and love the life joy.Courage, sacrifice and martyrdom, love of sport and passionate are the other traits of such persons.The people who use red colour are generally optimistic , entusiastic with high spirits, they do action for the welfare of the society. But such person need guidance for tehir proper development. Red colour is assigned to MARS and protector of female.
The physical vitality of body depend upon the correct and sufficient intake of red rays. This rays helps heat and body temperature, circulation of blood, psycologically this ray is effective for nervous system giving more confidence,will power and courage. For the person suffering from anaemia, paralysis, irregular circulation of blood and mental depression, the use of red ray is recommended.
SHADES OF RED
The person who have the liking for Pink colour are social, helpful to other specially the low class, they have deep real love rather than more admiration, are of mild nature without jealousy or malefic. They are sensitive, easily hurt, have depression which are of short duration. The dareker the Red hue, the more depressive mood need to be controlled well in time. The lighter the shade of pink,the more loving, gentle and human nature the wearer possesses.